National Leprosy Eradication Programme in Haryana
1. To diagnose maximum hidden cases & put them on Multi Drug Therapy (MDT) so that Leprosy can be totally eradicated from the State.
2. Comprehensive IEC/BCC strategy to make people aware of signs & symptoms of leprosy and remove stigma & discrimination with leprosy patients.
3. To provide disability prevention & Medical Rehabilitation services for leprosy patients.
4. To improve Re Constructive Surgery (RCS) for patients through designated institutes.
· PRESENT STATUS:-
This program is being implemented in the state with the financial assistance of GOI & expert of WHO. The State of Haryana has already achieved the status of “Elimination of Leprosy” i.e. less than 1 case per 10000 of population fixed by WHO. The prevalence of Leprosy in Haryana is 0.23 per 10000 of the population as on 31-10-2015.
Cases at the end of the year
Prevalence rate / 10000 of Population
ANCDR(annual new case detection rate)
2015-16(up to Oct 2015)
State Leprosy Officer
District Leprosy Officer (District TB Officers have additional Charge of NLEP)
Medical Officer cum Surveillance Medical Consultant
Para Medical Worker
Budget & Finance Officer
Data Entry Operator
RANGE OF SERVICES/FACILITIES:-
· Anti Leprosy Drugs i.e. Multi Drug Therapy (MDT) are supplied Free of Cost and are available at all the District Hospitals and community health centres/PHCs where the patients have been registered.
· Micro Cellular Rubber (MCR) footwear are distributed to leprosy affected persons.
· Govt. of Haryana is also providing supportive Medicines, Splint & Crutches, self care kits etc. to the leprosy patients.
· Re Constructive Surgeries for leprosy patients with disabilities.
SIGN & SYMPTOMS OF LEPROSY
A case of leprosy is diagnosed by eliciting cardinal signs through systematic clinical examination. These are as under:-
a) Hypo pigmented or reddish skin lesion(s) with definite sensory deficit.
b) Involvement of the peripheral nerves, as demonstrated by definite thickening with loss of sensation and weakness of the corresponding muscles of the hands, feet or eyes.
YOU MAY CONTACT FOR ANY DETAILS
1. Programme Coordinator at district level- Dy Civil Surgeon TB cum Leprosy
2. For any technical assistance/treatment- Skin Specialist at District Hospital
For any other details please feel free to contact Telephone No. (O/o State Leprosy Society, Haryana) – 0172-25064915 and email ID- firstname.lastname@example.org